In addition, we offer the following safety advice.
• Do not use outdoors or in a bathroom.
• Always locate your appliance away from the edge of the
• Do not let the mains cable hang over the edge of the
worktop where a child could reach it.
• Do not let the lead run across an open space e.g.
between a low socket and a table.
• Do not let the cable run across a cooker or other hot area
which might damage the cable.
• The mains cable should reach from the socket to the
base unit without straining the connections.
• The power cord cannot be replaced. Contact Morphy
Richards for advice.
Other safety considerations
• Do not use the appliance for anything other than it’s
• The use of attachments or tools not recommended or
sold by Morphy Richards may cause fire, electric shock
Product specific safety
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or
plug or after the appliance malfunctions or has been
damaged in any manner.
Check that the voltage on the rating plate of your
appliance corresponds with your house electricity supply
which must be A.C. (Alternating Current).
Should the fuse in the mains plug require changing, a 3
amp BS1362 fuse must be fitted.
The use of any electrical appliance requires the following common sense safety rules.
Please read these instructions carefully before using the product.
• This appliance can be used by persons with reduced physical,
sensory or mental capabilites, or lack of experience and
knowledge, if they have been given supervision or instruction
concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand
the hazards involved.
• Do not use hand mixer continuously for longer than 6 minutes
(with the Beaters) or 1 minute (with the Dough Hooks). After using
for these time lenghts, allow to cool for 10 minutes.
• Avoid touching moving parts. Keep hands, hair and clothing, and
utensils away from the hand mixer attachments during operation,
to prevent personal injury and/or damage to the appliance.
• Switch off the appliance and disconnect from the supply before
changing accessories or approaching parts that move in use.
• Children shall not play with the appliance.
• This appliance shall not be used by children.
• Keep appliance and cord out of the reach of children.
• Unplug from the outlet when not in use, or when left unattended,
and before assembling, disassembling or cleaning.
• For cleaning refer to page 4.
Health And Safety